We provide Private Dental Treatments to our patients since 2005 and are situated in central Romford from 1948, the surgery having moved here from Dagenham.
Many of our patients remember my late sister, Dr Victoria Gafton with whom I worked in this practice since 1994.
I have qualified from Guy’s Hospital in 1991 - then named UMDS, United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals and from The Faculty of Stomatology in Bucharest, Romania in 1981.
I also attended a postgraduate course in general dentistry at UCH London (University College Hospital) between
1984-1987 and I often go on ECPD courses (Enhanced Continuing Professional Development).
I have always been dedicated to giving high quality treatment to my patients and I am committed to providing dental care that meets their needs and wishes, at affordable prices.
CQC (Care Quality Commission) inspection reports 2018 and 2014 can be viewed at:
TREATMENTS offered at our surgery:
• Whitening teeth
• Fillings, composite white fillings or amalgam fillings
• Crowns, including Procera / Zirconia / Lava crowns
• Bridges, including adhesive bridges and fixed-movable bridges
• Inlays, onlays
• Root canal treatment for anterior and posterior teeth
• Wisdom teeth extractions
• Dentures, partial dentures and full/full dentures
• Preventative treatments (fluoride, fissure sealing)
• Root planing and scaling
• Smile design
Your INITIAL APPOINTMENT will familiarise yourself with the surgery and the staff, who will endeavour to put you at ease and answer all the questions related to various options of treatment available to you.
You will have to fill in a confidential Medical History Form and the dentist will then proceed to do the full orofacial examination at the end of which a quotation will be given to you regarding the costs involved for your necessary treatment.
The examination consists of checking:
• Your face, neck and TMJ (temporo-mandibular-joint)
• The mouth soft tissues ( gums, cheeks, tongue)
• The teeth : appearance, position, colour, shape, wear, caries
• Occlusion (bite)
• Previous dental treatments
• Mouth cancer screening
• 2 Routine examination x-rays
• Agreeing a Treatment Plan with you
• Providing you with an itemised quote for treatment
(please see the Price Guide below)
Examination . . . . From £29.00
Scaling and Polishing . . . . From £41.00
Emergency Appointments or "On the Spot" Consultations . . . . £50.00
Fillings . . . . From £69.00
a, Routine Extraction . . . . From £64.00
b, Surgical Extraction . . . . From £85.00
c, Wisdom Tooth Extraction . . . . From £105.00
Root Canal Treatment:
a, Incisor/Canine . . . . From £195.00
b, Premolars . . . . From £260.00
c, Molars . . . . From £385.00
a, Standard . . . . From £465.00
b, Premier . . . . From £525.00
c, Deluxe . . . . From £610.00
a, Full Upper or Lower . . . . From £475.00
b, Metal Dentures . . . . From £750.00
a, Veneers . . . . From £390.00
b, Whitening . . . . From £400.00
a, Upto 2 X-rays . . . . £10.00 each
b, More than 2 X-rays . . . . £8.00 each
Passport . . . . £20.00
Insurance Forms / Referral Letter . . . . £15.00
Please note that we need 24hr cancellation notice:
Missed Appointment . . . . £50.00
Outside normal opening hours, to open the surgery:
For emergencies . . . . £50.00
For a guide to the cost of other treatments please feel free to ask at
the reception or call us on 01708 761109.
NEW PATIENTS and their Families are always welcomed to our practice - we are used to looking after nervous patients and reluctant users of the dental environment...
We have a DENTAL CARE PLAN for those of us who prefer to pay monthly into this scheme which offers:
• 2 free check-ups a year
• 2 free scale and polish a year
• 2 small x-rays a year
• 10% discount for treatment (fillings, crowns, bridges, etc.)
Please enquire at the reception for more details of this
£13.00/month per adult dental care plan.
Call our reception on 01708 761109
Please feel free to drop in to the practice to book an appointment,
in case of an emergency or for any enquiries about our dental services.
The staff will be happy to help you.
How to find us
Dr Stella Bicknell & Associates, Dental Surgeons
38 London Road, Romford RM7 9RB
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Dear Patients, It won't be long before we can open safely.
Our first appointments might be priority treatments.
We might not be able to provide all care from the start.
Please call us for advice on 01708 761108.
Please take the Government and NHS advice to help prevent the spread of the virus:
1. Self isolate if you have any of these symptoms for 7 days or for 14 days if someone else in your household has any of the symptoms:
• A high temperature • A new, continuous cough
• A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
Please only ring up NHS 111 to find out what to do if you cannot get the advice you need on the NHS website page https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
2. Social distancing to avoid catching and spreading the virus especially to those who are 70 or over, have a
long-term condition, are pregnant or have a weakened immune system.
Please let the surgery know if you have any of these symptoms or you had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 person and cancel your appointment.
For the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) privacy notice for our patients please click on the link:
- A printed copy is also available at the practice reception -
Dr Stella Bicknell & Associates Dental Surgeons